Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 9 – Anticipation!


tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, your'e always a day away… Annie


Janet is Coming Tomorrow!

Today is Good Friday and things are little quieter than normal, but the business of the day continues.  It also means my sweetie and friends will be arriving in less than 24 hours.  The decision of the afternoon was what can I do to make the day pass by quicker.  The answer was right above me! 





La Spezia is very hilly (which is a major understatement) and I had failed to look up at what looms above me.  There is a castle and it has an amazing collection of antiquities.  This 15th century castle sits one of the highest points in La Spezia and commands awesome views of the harbor.



 
But as I continued to look up, I knew that meant lots of steps to conquer.   A shoe change would be a must, and then I saw the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow in the gates to an incline.  Staying at the My One hotel you get into the habit of exiting out the back via the elevator into the heart of the city.  Walk out the front door on Level 5 this historic citadel is literally 20 yards away and a short incline ride.



The museum itself holds treasures that date back to the 4th millennium BC to the glory days of Roman Empire.  An entry fee is 5.50 Euros per adult for the museum, but I think one can go to the top for the view for free.  I want to head back to the top for some sunset pictures in the near future.

I leave you with a few pictures to take in the beauty of the view.

Emmett this one is for you

Yes that is a yacht -Jet Black and really sweet 

Scott & Larry - your restaurant recommendation was great.  The antipasta was amazing - all 7 of them!  I enjoyed 4 courses of food that just blew me away - thanks for the recommendation. I will pass on the business card along with the phone.   

Maybe I should walk to Pisa tomorrow.

Ciao

P.S.  Oh yeah!  Did I tell you Janet is on her way…




No comments:

Post a Comment